How to Become an Independent Publisher
Udemy Master Class
PUBLISH LIKE THE PROFESSIONALS!
- FREE DOWNLOAD of “The Right Way to Self Publish” ebook.
- Adobe InDesign – Format your book’s interior without the hassle of readjusting your page numbers and paragraphs. Create a manageable table of contents. Free 7-day download link included.
- Adobe Photoshop – Design a professional-looking book cover without paying an artist hundreds of dollars. Free 7-day download included.
- HTML Coding – Learn basic computer coding language so that you can better manage your website and format ebooks.
- Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) – Go through a step-by-step process on publishing your paperback and ebook on one of the most popular independent publishing platforms. Sell your book on Amazon!
- Xlibris Publishing – Explore Xlibris’ website to discover if it’s the right independent publishing platform for you.
- Lulu – Explore Lulu’s website to discover whether or not it’s the right independent publishing platform for you.
- Copyright Registration – Learn about protecting you and your clients’ published works and registering them to the Library of Congress.
- Ebook Publishing – Learn how to format your manuscript for ebook publication on Word. Also, learn how to format and save your manuscript as an .epub document on Google docs.
- Audio Book Publishing – Learn about publishing your book on audio.
- Facebook/Instagram/Twitter – Get an idea about how you can use social media to promote your books and/or publishing business.
- WordPress – Discover what you need to know about creating a website through WordPress.
- Yolasite – Learn how to create a website for free in less than 15 minutes!
- Plan Your Book Tour – Learn how to organize a book signing tour, write a press release, a bio, a 30-second sales pitch, and manage your book inventory.
What you’ll learn:
- Get a free download of the ebook, “The Right Way to Self Publish”.
- Design your own book cover like the professionals using Adobe Photoshop. Learn how to do this in one hour!
- Professionally format the interior of your book using Adobe InDesign. Learn it in one hour!
- Learn how to publish your paperback book using Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP).
- Learn how to publish an ebook. Get a one-hour crash course in basic HTML coding for ebook and website publications.
- Build your own website at little to no cost. Learn it in less than 15 minutes.
Find out how much WordPress will cost and what other website builders are best for publishing entrepreneurs.
- Get a basic overview of Xlibris and Lulu publishing platforms.
- Discover what you need to know about publishing an audio book.
- Learn how to submit a copyright registration of published and unpublished works to The Library of Congress.
- Get a basic understanding of how to market your book through popular social media platforms.
- Learn how to organize and launch a book tour, write a press release, a 30-second sales pitch, and manage book inventory.
- A computer with enough speed to download Adobe’s free trial software.
Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes.
- [Optional, but helpful] – A completed manuscript in Word. Students who do not have a completed manuscript can still benefit from this course.
- [Optional, but helpful] – Read “The Right Way to Self Publish” book. – Free downloadable ebook is available in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs, writers, authors, teachers, and instructors.
- Authors who need help marketing their book.
- Entrepreneurs who want to build their own website on the cheap.
- Business professionals who want a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Professionals who want a basic understanding of paperback publishing.
- Marketers who are looking for a creative way to give their clients more credibility.
- Professionals who are looking for a way to gain more credibility for themselves.
- Entrepreneurs who want to learn the basics of HTML.
- Writers’ clubs and associations.
- Self promoters.
- Writers who are tired of waiting to get rejected!